|Sixth Form Prospectus|
Admissions Criteria for International Sixth Formers
We are delighted to invite a select group of international students to study for our two year A Level course in our Sixth Form alongside our British students and to live with carefully selected local families, ideally with parents of children already in the school, under our Homestay Programme.
Homestay gives students the opportunity to fully immerse in the UK culture and to feel part of a family, eating meals with them, and sharing their lives to get a real experience of British life. All Homestay accommodation is carefully chosen for the security and friendliness it provides and is overseen by a reputable guardianship agency which we closely work with. They will act as guardians for our international students and will assess and inspect all accommodation prior to the students’ arrival.
Our international students will be highly valued members of our community, demonstrating dedication to academic study and involvement in wider school life.
Academically, Lingfield students produce excellent exam pass rates and we pride ourselves on the outstanding support we give our students which enables them to successfully progress to the university or career of their choice.
We are licenced by the Home Office to sponsor international students wanting to study with us. We can issue Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for Tier 4 student visas.
We hope that you will join us and we look forward to welcoming you to Lingfield.
- In the first instance, all interested candidates should contact our Admissions Registrar, Mrs Jo Armstrong, by emailing her at email@example.com
- All applications need to be supported by a copy of the student’s latest school report and an academic reference, from their current school
- Details of all examinations taken or due to be taken, including iGCSEs
- A copy of the student’s passport showing their photographic ID
- Evidence of the standard of English achieved. We require students to sit the Oxford Placement Tests in the highest level, IELTS level 5 upwards or an equivalent. These are taken in the students’ home country
- Once applications have been reviewed, we may ask students to sit our own entry tests. We may also invite students to sit the UKiset tests
- Students may be asked to have an interview via Skype if understandably they are unable to visit
- Selected overseas students must complete an Application Form and return it to the Admissions Office with the fee of £250.
- Registration Fee is £250 and non-refundable
- Deposit is one term’s fees and in the event that the student does not take up their offer of a place, the deposit is forfeited; otherwise all deposits will be refunded on the settlement of the final term's account
- English as an Additional Language tuition is included in our fees, together with the initial airport collection, lunches and the majority of extra- curricular activities
- The tuition fees for 2018-2019 academic year will be £19,470
- Homestay charges around £8,325 per annum plus £1,800 administration fee
- External examination fees are an additional cost
- School bus costs, if required, are extra to the fees
- Total annual fees including Homestay = £29,595