WEBSITE & COOKIE PRIVACY NOTICE
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing data protection within the School so if you do have any questions please contact them via the information below.
Head of Finance & Resource - Mrs Angela Brassett
RELATED PRIVACY NOTICES
- Parent Privacy Notice
- Student & Alumni Privacy Notice
- Staff Privacy Notice
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
This policy sets out how Lingfield College will treat information we learn about you when you visit our website at www.lingfieldcollege.co.uk (“Website”)
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual and relates to you.
This includes your contact details, next of kin and financial information. We may also hold information such as your religion or ethnic group. CCTV, photos and video recordings of you are also personal information.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
By using this website and submitting your personal information to it, you acknowledge and agree that we may use your personal data obtained via forms and cookies to:
- To administer the website and internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website it’s content and using cookies that remember your preferences.
- To respond to general enquiries, registrations, event sign-ups and complaints made by or about you relating to the goods or services we offer.
- To provide relevant marketing communications via email, text, post, online or telephone.
- To send to you goods and or supply to you services purchased via the Website.
- To collect payments from you.
- To communicate with you on third party social media platforms.
- To monitor the effectiveness of our marketing communications and your responses to them.
- To provide third parties (such as marketing consultants) with statistical information about our users including information obtained via analytical cookies – but it will NOT be possible to identify any particular user by virtue of this statistical data
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH YOU
We may use your contact details to communicate with you for the purposes set out above or to inform you of changes to our services. By submitting your personal information via our website, you agree that we may also use your contact details to:
- Send you email information that you have specifically requested; and
- Send to you our newsletters or any other communications relating to the business of the school which we think may be of interest to you by post or email. Unless you have otherwise indicated that you would prefer not to receive these communications by informing email@example.com
HOW WILL WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide to us via the Website on our secure servers. All electronic transactions containing credit card details you make to us through the Website will be encrypted using SSL technology.
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site or third-party apps, such are Firefly, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Occasionally, the School may need to disclose personal information relating to:
- The extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- As is otherwise reasonably necessary for the operation of the Website and Lingfield College
You have the right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold
- Object to our lawful basis for processing your data in relation to our legitimate business interest (or third-party interest)
- Object to the transfer of your personal data to a third party;
- Ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you have any concern(s) about the way we collect or use personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please email firstname.lastname@example.org and if we are unable to resolve your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.