Lingfield College has made many enhancements to its educational provision over the years - investing in the facilities, broadening the curriculum, enhancing the co-curricular programme beyond the classroom and developing its pastoral care.
It is vital to us that our whole community is involved in shaping our future. Our developments consider the views, experience and expectations of our pupils, staff, parents and Governors. We also take into account data and advice from the following:
- Independent Schools Inspectorate Report (ISI)
- Consultations with staff
- Feedback from both the pupil councils and parental forums
- Research findings
Please read about our exciting development projects:
Baby Suite - The Cocoon - Completed Spring 2023
Brand new refurbished baby suite from Spring 2023 providing enhanced childcare for our parents
In Spring 2023, we look forward to opening our Baby Suite, which will cater for babies from 6 months to 2 years. This project demonstrates our commitment to providing babies, toddlers and preschool children with the best start in their early education. It offers our parents an outstanding childcare provision with flexible options to work around their busy working lives.
- Located in the Foundation Stage building, the new room provision will see 9 places for our youngest children and, when completed, will be fully resourced with brand new age-appropriate equipment and toys.
- Demand is expected to be high for this extension of our current Nursery, so parents are encouraged to register their interest early.
Prep School Playground Redevelopment - Completed Summer 2022
At Lingfield, we understand and value the role of outdoor play space to enliven, inspire and educate our pupils.
Research has shown that play and physical activity are strong determinants in the early development of the brain. In addition, play brings with it many therapeutic benefits enabling children to engage and interact with the world around them whilst developing their imagination, creativity and social skills.
We want to transform the outdoor play experience for all of our Prep pupils with ambitious plans for developing all three outdoor play spaces.
We want them to:
- Be dynamic, high-quality play environments that inspire and engage our pupils
- Make the best use of our outdoor space
- Enhance the school aesthetic
- Be safe and well-designed play environments that are accessible and inclusive for all children
- To support the physical health and well-being of our pupils
- Be sustainable and successful long term.
- Resurfacing to include a variety of inlaid graphics into the colourful ground surface, including Hopscotch and Number Snake Game
- Scandinavian-style natural wooden play equipment.
- Hide & Slide – A low-level wooden slide
- The Little Hut – Perfect play den for interactive and imaginative play
- Mini Stage – An excellent space for developing confidence, spoken languages and communication
Key Stage 1
Resurfacing to include a variety of natural environmental-themed inlaid graphic games into the coloured ground surface. Including a raceway with low-level moulding and fun play features.
- Zoned play areas
- Coloured safety surfacing
- Mini Astroturf football pitch and goals.
- 4 m Square Sun Shade
- Interactive musical boards
Scandinavian-style natural wooden play equipment set featuring:
- Forest House for imaginative play
- Fairy’s Burrow – Slide and platform
- Troll Shelter – Covered tower play, suitable for climbers of all ages
Key Stage 2
Resurfacing to include a variety of natural environmental-themed inlaid graphic games into the coloured ground surface. Including a painted running track with step pads, leaf hopscotch and a timetable game.
- Zoned play areas
- Friendship rainbow meeting point
Scandinavian-style natural wooden play equipment set featuring
- Stage with seating
- Large climbing frames with slides
- Ariel runway (Part-funded by LCPA)
- 6 x Climbing frames
- 3 x Chess tables
Nursery & Reception Classroom Refurbishment - Completed Summer 2022
Light, colourful and harmonious learning spaces for our Nursery and Reception children.
Senior School Sports Pitch Development - Completed Summer 2022
- Resurfacing of the Hockey Pitch with a new premium sand-dressed system.
- Replacement of all hockey kick boards with branded trek boards.
- Resurfacing of 3 Netball Courts
- Pair of new hockey goals
- Provision of 2 new branded 10-seater dugouts
- New digital scoreboard
- Expanding current cricket nets to a netball-sized brand new multi-use games area designed for cricket and multi-sports with an artificial turf system.