Thank you for your interest in working at Lingfield College.
Lingfield College is a stimulating and rewarding place to work for all our staff.
We are committed to ongoing personal development and with leadership and management training and sponsored learning programmes, we can help you achieve your professional goals. We are also introducing extended use of digital learning in the classroom. Set within almost 40 acres of beautiful grounds, Lingfield College is just 25 miles (and 40 minutes by train) from London and we offer excellent staff benefits.
As we receive a large number of high quality applications, we will interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are very much encouraged.
Pool Staff Required
We are looking to recruit additional ad-hoc staff to join our pool of cover staff. Work offered is on an as-and- when basis, quite often at short notice. We are ideally looking for people who live in the local area who can be flexible and who are interested in working in a school environment. Previous experience of working with children would be advantageous. Typical vacancies include:
- Midday Supervision
- After School Club Helpers
- Nursery and Teaching Assistant Cover
- Teaching Cover
If you would be interested in joining our pool staff, please complete the application form and submit to the HR Department email@example.com and we will be in contact with you towards the end of August.
Lingfield College is committed to safeguarding our children. The successful candidate will be required to provide an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. At Lingfield College we uphold fundamental British values and expect all employees to do the same. Lingfield College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Kitchen Porter X 2
We require two hard working Kitchen Porters to join our team at this prestigious prep school, one working 30 hours a week paid over 40 weeks of the year and the other working 40 hours a week paid over 40 weeks of the year.
Reporting to: Head Chef
Overall Objectives: To perform and assist in a variety of tasks including serving, cleaning, washing, carrying and other manual duties as requested by the Head Chef and to Holroyd Howe policies and standards, in several catering outlets over the same site.
- To serve both pupils and staff during key service areas
- To clean and wash up all kitchen and service items in an efficient manner.
- To assist in the preparation of food as required.
- To keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- To operate heavy equipment according to manufactures instructions.
- To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To treat your team members at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen / service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To attend health and safety and food safety training courses as required.
- To ensure cleaning areas under your control are maintained to the company and COSHH standards.
- To rigorously follow the unit cleaning schedules.
- To attend all location meetings as required.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
“Holroyd Howe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure must be obtained for this role’’
This appointment is offered on return of satisfactory professional references.
Closing Date: 12th August 2019
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please forward a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org stating whether you would be interested in 40 hours a week or 30 hours a week.
For further information, please contact Andrea Carroll, Catering Manager 07902921486