Lingfield College is a member of the National Schools Equestrian Association (NSEA). This provides a platform for students to compete at all levels from grass roots to national level in a range of equestrian disciplines.
Lingfield has a rich talent base and has a squad of riders from Juniors to Sixth Form, who regularly represent the School throughout the year at NSEA events. Students have held Surrey County Champion titles for all levels of dressage and have been placed at the National Schools Championships. Jumping is also hugely popular and teams have competed both at the NSEA Championships and in the prestigious National Schools Show Jumping competition at Hickstead. A new innovation has been the hugely successful Lingfield College Dressage Show which is held at Oldencraig Equestrian Centre, one of the premier competition venues in the country, attracting a wide selection of participating schools.
Lingfield benefits from a close association with the Old Surrey and Burstow branch of the Pony Club whose excellent training facilities and show ground are on the doorstep of Lingfield in St Piers Lane. As active participants many of our students have reached the National Pony Club Championships in areas as diverse as Endurance, Pony Care, Polo, Mounted Games, Eventing, Dressage and The Musical Ride! This collaboration ensures the students are provided with a breadth and depth of training to enable them to realise the NSEA aims:
- promote excellence in riding, with competitions geared towards the correct training of both horse and rider
- promote a number of competitions in a variety of disciplines from grass roots level up to a good national standard, all over the country
- improve access to horses through BHS approved riding centres in all areas for pupils who would otherwise be unable to ride
- encourage sportsmanship and a sense of fairplay at all times
- promote riding as a sport for life, to be continued after a pupil's time at school
- encourage disabled riders to take part in equestrian competitions