OL News & Events
It is with great sadness that we have heard of the passing of Nick Emmott.
Nick attended Notre Dame from 1994-1996 when only a few boys were allowed to be in sixth form during the time Mrs. Shepley was Headmistress.
He went on to have a successful career in the restaurant trade including Mosimann’s, Quaglinos and Marco Pierre White’s Titanic. More recently he has been General Manager at English’s and given the fabulous opportunity to open the new Bistro Pierre in Eastbourne.
Nick died unexpectedly leaving behind a young family.
Elaine Cox was Head of 6th Form when Nick was at the school and remembers him as being one of the first group of boys who went directly into the Sixth Form. "I will always remember Nick as the diplomat the Sixth Form used to send to tell me when things had gone wrong or got broken in Le Clerc! He was charm personified and quite disarming, so his front of house restaurant success is no surprise."
In the future we hope to see some of you at the following:-
- 7th March 2020 - Careers Fair - Senior School
- Drinks and meal in London - Date to be confirmed
- Saturday 16th May 2020 - Tour & Afternoon Tea
Also next year is the 80th Anniversay of the School - event planning is underway!
Over the past years we have organised the following events:-
- Alumni Dinners
- 10 Year Anniversary Curry Events
- Old Boys’ Football Matches
- Yearly Founders Day attendance
- Summer Fair with Jazz Band
- Jazz Evening
- Christmas Concerts
- Alumni attending Careers Fair
- Alumni attending various day talks to students
- Race day at Lingfield Park - November 2019
If there is an event you would like Alumni to run, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will see if this can be arranged.