As usual we will be celebrating Children’s Mental Health Week from 1-7 Feb 2021. The theme this year is Express Yourself! Originally, we had lots of plans for in school, but we will now save those for another year and instead we will raise awareness in a number of ways:
We would like to create a record of how our school community has expressed itself during the second lockdown. This will be called ‘Open the Box’ and will include parents and staff as well as pupils. Ideas would include reflections of this time, both positive and negative.
Entries can take the form of photos, word documents and video clips - record how you like to express yourself, e.g. through art, poetry, creative writing, music, dance, drama etc.
- Draw your feelings
- Emotions through dance
- The Squiggle Game
- Activities for families, but these could be adapted.
If you or your child would like to take part then please email your ‘entry’ to the Prep School Office by Monday 22nd February. Please bear in mind:
- It must be sent digitally videos must be sent as mp4 or mov and be no more than 90 seconds
- Any written piece should be no more than one page or around (500 words)
- One entry per person
- Children’s entries should have the Date, their Name and Year Group
- If you are sending photos/videos (media) for Art/Drama etc, we need two sentences of explanation.
We are looking forward to collating your reflections!